Gone are the days when only celebrities opted for chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing and other skin rejuvenating techniques. The availability of anti-aging treatments all over the world makes it possible for anybody to look younger. You can easily bid adieu to wrinkles and fine lines by visiting an anti-ageing doctor. So, in case you are thinking of undergoing anti-ageing treatment, here’s everything you need to know about its right age and amazing advantages.
At what age should you begin anti-ageing treatment?
Different people have different types of skin. So, to know at what age you can commence anti-ageing treatment, you have to visit an Anti Aging Doctor Arlington Va. He will run some tests and let you know if your skin needs anti-aging treatment. As per studies, most people start applying anti-ageing creams in their late 20s and early 30s. However, maintaining a good skincare routine is the best way of keeping wrinkles at bay. For instance, applying sunscreen daily is an excellent way of slowing down the process of skin ageing.
Common signs of ageing
- Wrinkles and fine lines- Crow’s feet, fine lines, and wrinkles are ageing signs found in both genders. Collagen and elastin fibres keep the skin firm and taut. When the supply of these fibres is less, the skin will lose its tightness and develop wrinkles.
- Dry and dull skin- Do you miss the glowing and dewy skin you had when you were young? Dulled complexing because of depleted moisture is something that occurs with age. While young skin takes three weeks to renew itself, old skin needs four-six weeks.
- Age spots or blotchiness- Liver spots or age spots are brown or red in colour. They are generally caused when a person’s skin is exposed to UV rays for long hours. The spots become more prominent in ageing skin. The blotchy look further contributes to an older-looking skin.
- Visible pores- Pores get enlarged with age. This happens due to loss of the elasticity in the skin. So, if your pores are more visible these days, it indicates that the skin is craving for some extra attention and care.
- Rough texture- As your skin matures, its texture keeps changing. The once baby-soft and smooth skin will be relaced by bumpy and uneven skin with each passing year.
Advantages of anti-ageing treatment
- Collagen supply
How do anti-ageing treatments work? They basically restore the supply of collagen to your skin. It is a type of protein that the skin needs to maintain its plumpness. As people age, the collagen supply keeps deteriorating over time. As an outcome, the skin begins to shrink. Anti-ageing treatment plump up the sagging skin, thus making you look amazing once again.
- Relaxation of facial muscles
Facial muscles get affected the most when people start ageing. Wrinkles on the face are an indication that it is time to consult a skincare specialist. With the right anti-ageing treatment, your facial muscles will relax. So, just like magic, all the wrinkles will vanish. When the wrinkles are gone, it would seem like you are ageing backwards.
- Keeps depression at bay
A lot of men and women in their 30s and 40s suffer from depression because they aren’t ready to let of the charming skin and hair, they had in their 20s. But no matter upsetting the thought is, the moment you step into your 30s, the process of ageing commences. That doesn’t mean there is nothing you can do about it. If you aren’t prepared to have dull and dry skin, there are several products you can use. Consult a cosmetic surgeon to learn all about the anti-ageing treatment options based on your skin type.
- Non-invasive treatments
The best thing about anti-ageing treatment is that it is non-invasive. Unlike surgeries, anti-ageing solutions don’t require general anaesthesia and lengthy recoveries. So, anyone can undergo those treatments and they don’t even have major side effects. Visit a reputed doctor and he will recommend the best anti-ageing treatment as per the requirements of your body.
- Enhanced self-confidence
When you look glamourous, it boosts your confidence. You will feel empowered to assume leadership roles in your workplace. You will carry yourself with grace all the time. So, if you think anti-ageing treatment can bring back your lost confidence, you should certainly go for it.
Ageing is a natural process. You can slow it down, but nobody can prevent it. So, the best thing you can do is being kind to yourself. If you love the way you look and you feel comfortable in your own skin, then you will enjoy growing old. In addition, you can also opt for Concierge Medicine Arlington Va to enhance your physical beauty. Keep in mind that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is equally important to retain your inner glow.